faketrout

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Alpacas for fun & profit



I found myself at the Great Midwest Alpaca Festival today. These are truly weird creatures, but very friendly. They're like a cross between a dog a sheep and a llama. I petted one and another nibbled on my girlfriend's hand. It was pretty neat.

We got all sorts of alpaca propaganda, including a pamphlet "Meet the Alpaca: An introduction to a stress-free lifestyle with the gentle alpaca"

While I can't deny that they're clearly very lovable animals with great value to breeders, the alpaca fans were kinda like indie rockers, desperately dedicated to their alternative animals. No mainstream heards like cows or donkeys, no!

1 Comments:

  • If I ever start posting Again, I should Start using Llama Images.

    *Shrugs*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home